RE: ie namespace and doctype was Re: xhtml xslt file: populating javascript array with data from xml file?

> dumb as it is, lots ppl including me are using ie5 wd-xsl.

Unfortunately the vast majority of people asking questions about WD-xsl on
this list appear to be unaware that they are using a different language from
XSLT, or that they are using a processor that doesn't handle XSLT.
Microsoft's documentation for the WD-xsl language is still written to give
users the impression that the language is close to the standard, which it
isn't.

I quite agree with you that there are valid reasons for projects to decide
to use WD-xsl, so long as they recognize that they are using a proprietary
language that is likely to become quickly obsolescent, and I for one have no
objection to questions about WD-xsl being raised on this list so long as
they are clearly marked as such. However, there don't seem to be many people
around who are able to give expert answers to such questions, other than
those from raw beginners.

Mike Kay
Software AG