XML - html Conversion

Hi,

I need to convert a DOM into HTML on the fly, first
step in my servlet is to create DOM and the second
step is to create a HTML using a XSL and DOM.

I heard I can use Xalan but when I checked the
examples I found that it takes a XML document stored
on the hard drive and XSL which is also on the hard
drive and does the transformation and result can be
attached to the servlet's response. In my case I can
have only the XSL on the hard drive and DOM will be
created on the fly..

Please let me know what should I do or if any one has
a sample servlet.

Thanks in advance

Ram