Re: Deep copy that excludes the element tag

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Jason Macki wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to use XHTML to transform this:

> Into this:
>
> 	This is some <b>HTML</b>!
>
> In other words, I'd like to do a deep copy (a copy that includes any
> elements within the element) of the contents of "myhtml" while excluding
> the tag for the "myhtml" element.
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

Try the following:

<xsl:template match="myhtml">
 <xsl:apply-templates mode="copyall"/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="@*|*|text()" mode="copyall">
 <xsl:copy>
  <xsl:apply templates select="@*|*|text()" mode="copyall"/>
 </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

That would apply the identity transformation ("keep the same") for only
sub-nodes of myhtml, and anywhere else that you called apply-templates
with the copyall mode.

I think that should work, anyway.

--Larry Garfield