Re: Bug Talk on the List (was A serious bug in MSXML 4.0)

Mulberry Technologies List Owner wrote:

> The XSL-List is indeed a suitable forum for discussion of bugs in XSL tools. This
> community is interested in knowing about XSL tools, including their bugs. And,
> more important, we can be helpful in separating errors in installation and use
> from software bugs (not always obvious).

> Such discussion is no substitute for reporting any bugs to the vendor/maintainer
> of the software, but that does not mean it is out of place here.

> This discussion does prompt me to thank all of the List Courtesy Vigilantes who
> have been admonishing others keep their elbows off the list's dinner table.  Such
> vigilantism is generally unnecessary (if someone gets out of line I usually send
> them a private message) and is often more discourteous than the behavior for which
> a well intended poster is being chastised.

Completely agree!

In this particular case the message of A.Gutman, combined with another bug report of
his on the MS newsgroups -- this helped me decide not to use the July beta and saved
me a lot of time and worries.

So, I think that any information that will help list members and save their time is
welcome.

Dimitre Novatchev.