RE: XSLT Processor Detection

Kevin Nardi wrote at 25 Jul 2001 12:28:03 -0700:
 > Well, the processor-version.xsl on mulberrytech.com seems to work correctly.
 >   I think this is because if you have the old version, only the WD-xsl code
 > is processed, while if you have the new version, only the XSLT code is
 > processed.

Yes.  All it is supposed to do is tell you if you're using the old
Microsoft XSL processor or a processor that supports XSLT elements in
the current XSLT namespace.  If you are using an up-to-date XSLT
processor, the stylesheet reports the xsl:version and xsl:vendor
system properties.

It was meant to be run before you post to the XSL-List and the results
included in your XSL-List post.  It was meant to save a lot of the
grinding and gnashing of teeth that goes on when someone innocently
posts a question about the old Microsoft XSL processor or, say, posts
asking why keys don't work without telling you that they're using XT,
but the stylesheet never came into common use.

Regards,

Tony Graham