Re: <xml:variable> alternative for msxml 2 parser

> Actually I want a soution for IE5 only . Upgrading the browser with MSXML3
> will work , but I need a solution for msxml2 parser only

well you're asking on the wrong list as this list isn't really about IE5
it's about XSL. but you'd probably get an ansswer on this list anyway if
you said what you want to do. IE5 doesn't have variables so you can't
just say "what's the alternative to xsl:variable" you might need to
rewrite your stylesheet to use javascript, you might be able to use the
eval element in IE5, it all depends what you are trying to
do. Personally I wouldn't write any new code for an implementation of a
draft of XSLT that was superceeded so long ago.

David