Passing values to tags within JavaScript

Hi,

I've been lurking for a little while now and haven't found anything that
might help me with this problem. Please excuse me if it's trivial, but
I'm very new to XML/XSL.

We use a Perl-based templating system called PHtml to process HTML
pages. We are currently planning a transition to XML/XSL and I am trying
to convert our current pages. They mostly consist of separate 'objects'
that are pulled together using PHtml to form complete HTML pages.

So far I have had success converting each object into two files - one
that uses the exisiting PHtml to output XML, and the other consisting
solely of XSL. Eventually I will have a large XML file that has been
output by the PHtml process, against which I can run a separate XSL file
that calls all the other XSL 'object' files.

I have come up against a brick wall trying to work out how to convert
the following code:

var SSheet = "";
if (navigator.platform.indexOf("Mac")!=-1){
	SSheet == "Mac";
}
document.write("<link href=\"<$ [.URL.CSS_ROOT]>/nndi" + SSheet +
".css\" rel=\"stylesheet\" type=\"text/css\">");

"<$ [.URL.CSS_ROOT]>" is a variable that is normally processed by PHtml
and replaced by the correct path info. However, using the new system, I
now have an XML file that contains the element:

<CSSRoot>[path info]</CSSRoot>

...and I need to pass this instead. Can anybody help?

--
Best regards

--

Barry de la Rosa