RE: FOO vs FO

>See ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3092.txt

Someone had some time on their hands!

Just last weekend, in a bookstore, I was looking through Microsoft's
documentation style guide, and noticed the explicit prohibition of the use
of "foobar" or its components as being too slangy.

I did pick up a "FOO" bumper sticker (modeled after the 2- and 3-letter oval
stickers so popular in the States, e.g. "VT," "MV," "OBX," etc.) at Linux
World. It's still the only bumper sticker on our car.

I thought that "FOO" vs. "FO" was an interesting question. I'm surprised
more people don't ask why "xsl" is the most common namespace prefix used in
XSLT, but not XSL, for which "fo" is.

Bob DuCharme            www.snee.com/bob             <bob@
snee.com>      see http://www.snee.com/bob/xsltquickly for
info on new book "XSLT Quickly" from Manning Publications.