RE: How do you get the non-transformed character entity out of MSXML3.0

David

...it was the value at the time it was entered into
the attribute .....

what is required here is the ability to keep it
in a certain state (meaning untransformed)
and readable in that state until I choose to call
a transform method which will mean that I then
want to be read in the new state....

until transformation it indeed has the value of <
otherwise it would not load into the parser
nor would the parser correctly transform it....

Thanks
Jim