Re: Global disable-output-escaping

At 21:25 27-09-2001, Joshua.Kuswadi@BTFinancialgroup.com wrote:
>I'm converting XML with XSL to produce CSV files and the XML documents may
>contain the string '&amp;' as part of a text node. For example <name>J
>&amp; G Bloggs</name>.
>
>When the XSL has <xsl:value-of select="name"/>, it returns 'J &amp; G
>Bloggs', rather than the desired, 'J & G Bloggs'.

No, it returns "J & G Bloggs".  Serializing the output as XML causes the
bytes "J &amp; G Bloggs" to be written to the file, which is correct.

>Is there anyway to get our desired result without having to change all the
><xsl:value-of> elements in all our CSV stylesheets to include the
>disable-output-escaping="yes" attribute?

If you don't want XML output (and CSV is not XML), try requesting something
other than XML output.  For instance, try using

<xsl:output method="text"/>

HTH,
Chris
--
Christopher R. Maden, Principal Consultant, HMM Consulting Int'l, Inc.