Re: XML to Word Document

[kalpana rawat]

> Could anybody tell me how to convert XML documents to
> Word Document.

In general this is not possible, at least not with sensible results. This is
because most xml documents say nothing about how they should be displayed.
So how could a word processor know how to display them?

However, if you can generate an HTML display that looks like what you want,
newer versions of Word (i.e., Word 2000 on Windows) can do a very good job
of importing the HTML.  The following method works extremely well with
Internet Explorer 5 (and I suppose 6), and Netscape 6/Mozilla 0.9+.  It
works fairly well with Netscape 4.

1) Display the document in a browser.
2) Select the entire document.
3) Copy the selection.
4)Open Word to a new document.
5) Open the Paste/Special menu.
6) Select HTML format (or Unformatted Text if you are coming from Netscape
4) and paste your document into word.

That's it.  If you used Netscape 4, the result will have no formatting
styles,  but will otherwise look quite respectable.  If you are using the
newer browsers, the result will be amazingly like the original.

I don't know if Word on the Mac or Word97 on Windows can do this so well.

If this works for you it is undoubtedly the best way to go.

Cheers,

Tom P