Re: xsl:import, variables and html

Hi Julio,

> I have this problem. I have an xsl which import another xsl, this
> last have the definitions of variables which have html code. When I
> try to use those variables in the original xsl, it output nothing.
> How can I fix this?

I think that the problem is in the importing stylesheet. First, you
have the elements that you want to generate at the top level of the
stylesheet rather than within a template. More importantly, you're
getting the *value* of the two variables rather than copying them.
Because you don't have any textual content in the result tree
fragments that the variables hold, you get nothing when you get their
values. Instead, use xsl:copy-of to copy them, as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
                xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";>

<xsl:import href="definitions.xsl"/>

<xsl:template match="/">
  <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="./CONSULTAS/LINKSRCIMG=1">
       <xsl:copy-of select="$propaganda1_link"/>
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:otherwise>
       <xsl:copy-of select="$propaganda1_img"/>
    </xsl:otherwise>
  </xsl:choose>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>