xslt namespace

jon wa writes:
[...]
 > my main problem is with the xsl namespace (i know what a namespace is). i
 > always use xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; but i also see
 > xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl"; which i assume is a working draft. but is
 > WD-xsl xsl or xslt? i'm using the gnome libxsl and it doesn't like the
 > WD-xsl but people keep sending me stuff with WD-xsl in saying how simple things
 > aren't working and can i fix it. i was thinking maybe if they were using an
 > xsl-fo namespace they might not be getting all the xslt elements.
 > i know there's nothing at "http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl"; but from a user
 > point of view it would be logical to put either the spec there or a note about
 > what it is. i've gone to the w3 site but it's full of so much fud about
 > different things i can't tell what is current, what is redundant and what is a
 > prototype. is there a simple list anywhere, and have they changed the version
 > system to something more ummm... standard?

If you'd been following the list or had looked in the archives, you'd
know that

    http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl

refers to an obsolete working draft.  Its use is deprecated.  Existing
usage shold be upgraded to use and conform with

    http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform

This issue seems to come up at least twice a week.

[...]