multiple input sources to Saxon

Hi,

I looking for direction in terms of an effective strategy for "munging"
several input sources togethor to supply as a "super document" to Saxon. We
have multiple javax.xml.transform.sources, we want to combine them togethor
under a given root element and supply them to the transformer. It's an
obvious DOM app, but we didn't want the expense of DOMing them and then
turning them back. What can we do?

All ideas and approaches appreciated
thanks
Lee

ps. I would probably have sent this to the Saxon list, but it seems to be
closed - has it opened somewhere else?