Re: Passing through character entities intact

> You may refer to it, but it doesn't do you any good, as it is not
> possible to display the character in an iso-8859-1 font.

I don't know what browser you are using but it works OK on the ones I
use for many common unicode symbols (specifcally ones that are in the
symbol font encoding) somewhere in the depths of the system the unicode
numbers get mapped to whatever internal encodings the fonts use.
The browser's don't normally have any method of specigying the font
encoding do they? only the character encoding in the file.

David