schema-1 (was something about keys, a long while ago)

> For us, just being able to code a simple "typed" match without jumping
> through any syntactical hoops would certainly make the XSL easier to
> understand and write.

It's no fun at all if people take the opposite side of a debate from
me and then make such plausible sounding arguments that there's a chance
they might even be right...

However I'm still not toally convinced. It seems to me relatively rare
to have lots of different element names (would have been called eleemnt
types in an earlier era) which all have the same schema type and all
need to be processed in the same way. If they have the same internal
structure and the same processing one wonders what's gained by calling
them different names.

Given that you do have lost of xxx-date element names you have to
_somewhere_ mapo them all to date. You say you don't want a long list in
a template match  (or equivalenty one assumes a lot of individual
templates each calling a named "date" template) but the information has
to be somewhere, for example in a list of type assignments in the
schema, this doesn't seem so much easier to maintain.

David