RE: schema-1 (was something about keys, a long while ago)

>> > But that's not the whole picture,
> You mean, there's life outside xsl-list? Heresy!

Well, sometimes it's not much of a life, but it's a life...

> in my last message I did actually draft a suggestion that you could
> easily pull out this mapping from the schema instance using xslt 1.0
> features, and generate your actual working stylesheet from that,
> but Jeni in a parallel thread pointed out that this was just the
> typical sort of game of the sad people on this list were happy to do
> but that normal folks had a right to some system support for this,
> so I pulled the paragraph before posting, but see now you've provoked me
> to post it anyway.

So now I've got a XSLt parsing my schema to generate a XSLt to parse my XML?
You're right many of the people on this list might be ok with that, but I
sure can't foist that on my development group in general...

> We're told that XSLT x.y is delayed while
> they sort out schema support (amongst other things) and that seems like
> a big job and its not at all clear it's really worth the wait when
> xslt 1.1 minus any bits of it that were contentious wouldn't have been a
> wait at all and provided some immediately useful functionality.

Heck, I'm not really sure if any of this is worth the wait.  But lest I get
permanently branded a heretic I'll refrain from exploring that thought
further. I do actually support the view that schema support should be a low
priority.