RE: OT: my curious students wonder about demand for XSL, XSLT, XML skills at an entry level

> I'm teaching an HTML/web programming class at a local tech
> college.  The
> question of demand came up in a class.  I told them that
> XML-related skills,
> as a cutting edge technology, tended to be picked up on the
> job as needed.
> I also said that as the technology matured, things would be
> changing as more
> employers recognized a clear need for XML-related programming
> skill sets.
> Any comment?

Tell them that everything you teach them at college will be obsolete within
three years, with two exceptions - their understanding of the underlying
computer science principles, and their ability to learn new things.

Mike Kay