Re: order of UNIONs

> But does this really make sense?
Oh yes my postings always make perfect sense (even though the typing is
usually pretty bad:)

>  select="group[21]|group[1]" means for me
> 'select the 21st group and add the 1st group'. The existance of position()
> or [21] itself show that position and order aren't so unimportant in a
> node-set.
No, they show position is important in the current node list, which is
something rather different, and not a first class object that you can
store in a variable.

> And if I want to have the created node-set in document-order I can
> still use select="group[position() = 21 or position() = 1]". So I must build
> a RTF and use the nodeset()-extension-function.

yes, or wait for xslt2 which will probably not need an extension for
this (bcause the rtf restrictions were probably not the best idea
ever:-)

David