Re: [ANN] XPathTester 1.4 (Saxon 6.5 integration)

[Paul Brown]

> We've made some minor updates to our free, open source XPathTester to
> support Saxon 6.5.  Source and executable (JAR) are available from:
>
> http://www.fivesight.com/downloads/xpathtester.asp
>
> For those not familiar, XPathTester is a Java2-based tool for visualizing
> the results of XPath queries.  Type in a query, hit enter, see the
resulting
> value displayed or nodeset highlighted in the tree.

I wanted to try this but this version doesn't run.  It's the .jar file, on
Windows 2000.  Looks like it is still looking for Crimson, even though you
changed to Saxon.  Here's the error message:

E:>java -jar E:\download\xpathtester_1_4_saxon.jar
Exception in thread "main" javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError:
java.lan
g.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.crimson.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl
        at
javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance(SAXParserFactory.java:
150)
        at com.fs.xpathtester.XPathTester.<init>(XPathTester.java:213)
        at com.fs.xpathtester.XPathTester.main(XPathTester.java:648)

Can you get a corrected .jar out  (I don't have Crimson or Xerces on my
machine at the moment)?

Cheers,

Tom P