Re: XSL and international characters

Hello Marcin,

> I use Cocoon 2 for XSLT transformations (Tomcat 4.0.1 glued to Apache
using
> mod_webapp). These are very simple transformations producing HTML output.
> pass some parameters in the QUERY STRING to the XSL. Those parameters
contain
> international (polish) characters, somewhere during the transformation
those
> charcters are converted into some rubbish. For example polish character
> %C5%82 is transformed into Å‚ i.e., each byte of the two-byte
> value is treated separetely.

it could be a few things

first off u are passing urlencoded data via the query string, which in my
experience can have some rather different results with different parsers,
being unfamiliar with apache XSLT processor i would suggest passing this
data raw and if possible i would post with hidden form fields and a
javascript document.form.submit(); instead of pushing it along the URL.

2nd off the rubbish that is coming back are entities that represent your
character, i am not sure if its rubbish or not, because i need to see the
original polish chars.

3rd, probably is the most likely reason

<xsl:output method=""html" encoding="utf-8" />

which will force your transform to correctly output the character set you
require ?

good luck, jim fuller