Re: literal result element as stylesheet with JavaScript?

Hi Dan,

> I am suspecting that <msxsl:script> must be a "top-level" element
> and may be impossilbe within 'literal result element as stylesheet'.

I believe you are suspecting correctly.

> Are there any workarounds?

You could run the simplified stylesheet through another stylesheet
that would generate the full stylesheet from it, extracting the
embedded msxsl:script and placing it in the right place. I don't know
why you're using a simplified stylesheet, but if it's to enable other
users to write them more easily, then this would be an option.

If you're trying to simplify it for your sake, of course, writing a
stylesheet that processes your stylesheet is way more trouble than
you're avoiding using a simplified stylesheet :)

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison