Re: literal result element as stylesheet with JavaScript?

Hi Dan,

>> I don't know why you're using a simplified stylesheet, but if it's
>> to enable other users to write them more easily, then this would be
>> an option.
>
> This is exactly why. The only problem is that dates in the source
> XML are represented in milliseconds and need to be formated somehow.
> I was hoping not to add a lot of other 'stuff' to what !appears! to
> be a simple html document with a little XSLT here and there. Maybe
> it is a bad idea ...

It sounds like a reasonable idea to me. Perhaps, you could make it
easier if you used entities. Have the XML documents that they write
defined as entities within an outline stylesheet, that looks like:

<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [
<!ENTITY template SYSTEM 'template.xsl'>
]>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
                ...>

<msxsl:script language="javascript" implements-prefix="user">
</msxsl:script>

<xsl:template match="/">
  &template;
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

All the users would have to do is edit template.xsl and process the
XML document with the above stylesheet.

Cheers,

Jeni

---