RE: [xsl] Re: [xsl]   is being displayed as Á

> KM> I am using   in my xsl in order to display spaces.
> For some reason Á
> KM> is being displayed on the page instead.  Any ideas on why
> this is occurring,
> KM> or ideas for a substitue for   in order to display a space?
>
> I had the same problem recently. It is as other people have said
> because of character set problems. What you want to do to avoid this
> is to just output an entity reference in the HTML file rather than the
> actual character.

The problem occurs because your XSLT transformation has produced a file in
UTF-8 encoding and you are looking at it with a text editor that doesn't
understand UTF-8. Either get an editor that does understand UTF-8, or
generate the output in an encoding that your editor understands (e.g.
ISO-8859-1), or just throw the output at the HTML browser without trying to
look at it first.

> You can do this by changing:
>

> to:

Don't do that, unless you want it to appear as " " rather than " " when
viewed in the browser.

Mike Kay