Re: RE:_]_ _is_being_displayed_as_Á

I hacked my way through this problem with extended characters Ò
for example. I first searched and replaced all & for & and then
ran saxon and then searched and replaced back &# for &#.

but you have to know your data well enough to anticipate the other
stuff.

I at first attempted to run d-o-e, but it didn't work for me (a new
coder), so I did it this way. I have to admit that I have a macro
that creates new document with a table of all extended characters in
the document with values and character and page number (in a table it
can be sorted by column). So I was able to look over the output
before I did my search and replace.

Not much of an xsl answer I guess.

Mike F.
Library of Congress
Washington, DC

p.s. I thought that xsl discouraged the use of  , and instead
encouraged the use of the Unicode characters (aka Michael Kay's
book). The whitespace issues are a little intimidating to me at this
point.