RE: XPath: all elements with only non-parent children with identical style attr

> Tobias wrote:
>
> >Jeni kindly provided me this one:
> >
> >  *[* and
> >     not(*/node()) and
> >     not(*[not(@style)]) and
> >     not(*/@style != */@style)]
>
> Hi Tobias, Jeni:
>
> maybe a dumb question but why all the "not"s (and writhing
> and fainting in
> coils?)
> wouldn't
> *[* and not(*/node()) and (*/@style) and (*/@style = */@style)]
> work the same way?
>
> Tom S-W

No that wouldn't work, if I remember correctly from my electronics study

 not(A) and not(B) equals not(A or B)

I think its called the laws of Morgan or something
so in your case that would lead to

*[* and not(*/node()) or (*/@style) or (*/@style = */@style)]

Greetings,
Gertjan Assies
web developer

BackStream®

Willem de Zwijgerlaan 350
1055 RD Amsterdam
The Netherlands
tel. +31 (0)20 6827332
fax +31 (0)20 6827632

Post Office Address:
Postbus 58385
1040 HJ Amsterdam

BackStream: content management - multi-channel distribution
http://www.backstream.com <http://www.backstream.com>