Re: ampersand character in xsl attribute?

>  I apologize if this has been answered before.
yes it has, lots of times.

>  but since this is for an HTML
> version of a newsletter, I don't trust that email clients will convert the
> URL correctly.

This is very strange, Given that an & should generate a parse error, and
& should (and does) work, why do you not trust that & will work,
but you trust that all agents will not generate an error on the incorrect
markup???

It's basically not possible to produce an unquoted & in an attribute
value in either the html or xml output methods from xslt (as neither XML
nor HTML allow this)

David