RE: Order of template execution

Samuel,
1. Yes. It depends on the priority of the temlpate. See
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#conflict If you aren't importing any other
templates then the priority is worked out depending on how specific a
template is. i.e. match="x" will have lower priority than match="x[@a]".
If there are 2 templates with the same priority then the processor can
either error or use the last template in the stylesheet. To get around
this you can put a priority attribute on the template to avoid
conflicts. The spec says that this can be any + or - number but msxml
requires it to be between +/- 9.

2. No. But you can use the result from one template as the input to
another. i.e.

<xsl:variable name="result1">
	<xsl:call-template name="template1" />
</xsl:variable>
<xsl:variable name="result2">
	<xsl:apply-templates select="xx:node-set($result1)" />
</xsl:variable>
Note that $result1 is an RTF so you need to use the node-set function on
it to use it.

Ciao Chris

XML/XSL Portal
http://www.bayes.co.uk/xml