A paranoic XPath 2.0 question

I have noticed that as editors there are listed

4 people from XML Query WG
3 people from XSL WG

If there is some point reised which requires voting, what is the
procedure?

Does it mean that votes are simpli counted.

I am browsing through the spec and have feeling that
XPath went the way of XML Schema:

databases are much more important than text processing

And BTW:

WHERE ARE REGULAR EXPRESSIONS ??????????, which were promissed :

http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath20req :
3. Must Support String Matching Using Regular  Expressions