Re: Same name Elements in more than one node

Mike,

At 09:13 AM 12/27/01, you wrote:
>XSL is not an intimidating language for me. Rather, I am trying to
>get to the point where I can understand how those who created think
>about it. That to me seems the real key to becoming comfortable with
>a programming language.

Fair enough.

>  But since I have no formal training in
>programming languages, I wonder if I am missing what is supposed to
>be read between the lines of these technical manuals.

If you trace other threads, you'll see that one of the underlying themes is
that if you went to school and studied math (oops, the Brits are reading, I
mean "maths"!) and computer science, you might be in good shape, but if you
only happen to have learned a programming language or two, you might
actually be in worse shape than us Greek scholars (and there are more of us
around than you might think).

>I admit that I am a slow learner but I keep trying. (I failed French
>but excel in New Testament Greek! But my glasses are not taped
>together in the middle and I don't have a pocket liner!)

You are a good guinea pig. :-> Many of us in this business are interested
in and concerned with what it takes to learn to use XSLT well. As to the
tape and the pocket liner, we will work on that.

>The list is really helpful in regard to adjusting to levels of
>communication on xsl programming.

We do our best!

>XML XSL are both awesome. They really give you the power of both a
>database and word processing program.

After a few decades, the early days when structured data applications such
as databases had to be kept so separate from the powerful organizational
and rhetorical capabilities of traditional media types such as voice,
manuscript and print, will seem very far away....

Regards,
Wendell