Re: Literal string question

Mike:

Doesn't NoteTab have support for regular expressions in its search/replace?
How much data do you have anyway? replacing '\.[^ ]' with '& ' (using the
syntax my editor recognizes) could go pretty quickly, even allowing for any
gotchas you'd have to check for (such as tag names with periods in them,
whatever).

Sometimes tooling up an assembly line to automate a task, is harder than
just doing it....

(Now Mike K.'s

>test="contains(translate($s, 'ABCDE...Z', 'A'), '.A')"

  is nice ... though even he has to restate the requirements a bit! :-)

Still being a contrarian,
Wendell