Re: use cases for d-o-e

At 10/01/2002 12:10:31, Joerg Pietschmann <joerg.pietschmann@zkb.ch> wrote:
#  roger.day@globalgraphics.com wrote:
#  > FWIW, and I'm just a person on the top of a Clapham Omnibus, if it's gotten
rid
#  > of, there should be replacements - particularly for 4, which has recently
bitten
#  > me.
#
#  That was emmitting a document declaration with an internal DTD subset into
the
#  result.
#
#  > That's not an abuse - that's a workaround.
#  Hmmmmmm. Are you *sure* you can't do this in any other fashion? For example,
#  use the new multiple output facility to write a new DTD file and refer to it
in
#  the result using doctype-system in xsl:output.

Could you go into a little more detail, please? I haven't heard of this.

#  > However, isn't this covered by
#  > http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#xml-output, Appendix F Representation of
Lexical
#  > XML Constructs (Non-Normative)? So cases 3 and 4 should be fixed in XSLT
2.0
#  > implementations....I think.
#
#  My fix: drop DTD support (which includes dropping entity support). Use a
XSchema
#  instead.

True, and I would dearly love to, but only when http://www.tei-c.org/ does so as
well. I like to stick to some sort of standard.

Roger