Re: output last page number

Matthew,

Matthew L. Avizinis wrote:

>Hello all,
>  I am using Xalan to process some xml files for transformation to fo and
>then fop to write pdf's.  I have one xml file for each chapter of a book and
>I want to have a separate pdf for each chapter.  However, the page numbering
>needs to be continuous from one chapter to the next.  I notice that the only
>information fop needs is fo:page-number to know when to write the actual
>page number to the pdf pages.  Is there a way to save the last page number
>for later use, such as to write it to a temporary file?
>Any suggestions are appreciated and thank you in advance.

Are you using separate stylesheets for each chapter? Not automatic but
you could manually use (in each stylesheet):

<fo: page-sequence
   master-reference="chapter"
   initial-page-number="yourChapterStartPageNumber"

to force beginning on a particular page number.

See: http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect3/bk/index.html for very good
coverage of XSL (with examples).

Patrick

> Matthew L. Avizinis