Re: Muenchian method, and keys 'n stuff

Hi Dave,

> the problem is now that the template below never
> fires the otherwise clause of the choose, and I can't see why.

The only reason I can see why the xsl:otherwise wouldn't be fired is
if the $auths variable always gets set to a node set that contains
some nodes. That would be true if within your document you have at
least one r element with a Ra/lett equal to each letter of the
alphabet. Which could be the case - it's impossible to tell without
seeing your document.

Note that the way you have it at the moment, it's perfectly possible
for the xsl:when clause to be selected but you to see no output from
it. When you do:

>       <xsl:when test="$auths/node()">
>         <xsl:apply-templates select="r[generate-id(.)=
>                       generate-id(key('auth',Ra/lett)[1])]"/>
>       </xsl:when>

Then you're only applying templates to the r element children of the
current adventure that happen to be the first such r elements in the
document as a whole with that letter in their Ra/lett grandchild.

In fact, the path you're using there is exceedingly strange, since it
will give you the same thing on each recursion, but I guess you're
doing that on purpose?

Cheers,

Jeni

---