Re: Need 3 good reasons why XSLT is better than JSP+Velocit y

Hi,
----- Original Message -----
From: <Joshua.Kuswadi@BTFinancialgroup.com>
> > 2) Developer Buy-in. Believe it or not, not everyone uses
> > Velocity (for that
> > matter, not altogether that many people use JSP). To me it seems
> > syntactically a little better than the JSP architecture (at
> > least I can
> > generate it as XML, if I'm careful), but it has a very small
> > segment of the
> > total mind-share of even servlet developers.
>
> <opinion type="personal">I expect JSP to be more prevalent than
XSLT</opinion>

whoa nelly! I would take a bet on that!

I know that McGraw Hill and Pearson plc are standardizing on XML/XSL.
Between these two they own most publishers out there. If you do content
based stuff, then you would serve your interests MUCH better if you knew
XSL.

There is also a belief (rightly or wrongly) that XSL is a more
sophisticated, elegant solution. It is much easier to sell AND get more
money than you could with a jsp solution, IMO. You can show clients
documentation from brilliant minds, powerhouse corps and what have you. Who
talks about jsp other than the devs who know it and have it mastered so they
don't see the value. Anyway, contact me if you want to place a bet :)

best,
-Rob