Re: Upper ASCII chars

>> It's not relevant which codepage was in use when the data was entered,
>> as we simply pass the binary value of the character through
>You can not do that in XSLT (or in XML, generally)

If you want to pass characters through unchanged, find an encoding which
represents them directly and specify that encoding for both input and
output.

There probably is an encoding which is directly mapped to the low 256
characters of Unicode... though I've no idea offhand what it'd be called.
If not, one could be created. That would seem to be the
quickest-and-dirtiest solution for this class of users...