[xsl:] From two sibling nodes to output one (transformed) inside the other at a specific place.

Dear List

I have about 500 or so FO documents to produce. They all very similar
because they all have the same background, but on top of the background is a
different pattern of yes and noes. It's a kind of mail-merge, only with PDF.

I have a template which contains two nodes, staticContent and
dynamicContent, and from it I want to get a tree of FO. The trouble is, the
dynamicContent needs to be transformed then inserted in a marked place of
the staticContent, and the whole lot output as one nice FO file.

Given that the template is itself mostly FO, how do I do this? I was
thinking that I could put the dynamic content into a variable, then my
problem is to interpolate it at the right place in the static frame - is
there an efficient way I can copy all the static content elements except my
marker element, which I replace with the contents of the variable?

Thanks for your help,

Tom