Re: Multiple attributes present and non-present

--- David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk> wrote:
> Normally though you don't need any of these tests as you just
> copy (or apply-templates to) the set of attributes and so if they
> are
> not there nothing happens, you don't need to explictly test for
> them
> to be empty.
>
> If your attributes are there with empty values as in
> <x ENCODINGANALOG="">
> then either they are that way in the source or your dtd is
> defaulting
> them in that way, in which case you might want to change the dtd.

David,
Yeah, you are right. I am learning the language, so I am writing my
stylesheets and creating my own tagging system without the experience
of more forethought. I have done the following:

1. I changed my DTD to from #REQUIRED to #IMPLIED for these
attributes.

2. Since there is a one for one relationship between the attributes I
am having problems with, I have done a search and replace in my
documents so I don't have to change the name of the attribute and
therefore get an empty attribute as a result of my style sheet.

thanks again for your patience,
Mike F.

p.s. Could you reply giving an example of such a template?