RE: seperating alphanumeric string in two preferably using fxsl

Hi,

> I've got elements that will have alphanumeric strings in the
> format of css
> values, for example 11px or 150%(would one classify that as
> alphanumeric?)
> or 5em, 5.5in and so forth. normally what I would do is have
> a parameter
> with a nodeset of values like
> <value>in</value>
> <value>em</value>
> then a variable that gets the value that is contained in my
> element, then
> get the substring-before the value. Am thinking someone might
> have either a
> generic template that already does something like this(help me not to
> work!), or can give me a better suggestion for how I should build my
> template(help me to improve myself!), or maybe Dimitre has an
> idea how this
> could be done using the fxsl library(help me develop my brain!).

I didn't really get your question, but if it was how to get the value and unit of a CCS value, you could try <xsl:value-of select="translate($value, '%acdegHikmnprstxz', '')" /> to get the value and <xsl:value-of select="translate($value, '0123456789.', '')" /> for the unit. That will not parse colour and URI values, but that shouldn't be too difficult to do.

Santtu