Re: FOP - what, where, when, how?

> Alastair Growcott wrote:

> > but still lack much information that I will be studying up on. I am also
> > unsure about the nature of PDF and licensing issues, and what the
> > difference is between the FOP output and the stuff that Adobe's Acrobat
> > writer program produces.

FOP can only produce PostScript, which you would then distill into PDF
using Acrobat Distiller.

The commercial XSL implementations XSL Formatter (Antenna House) and XEP
(RenderX) both provide direct-to-PDF options.

As far as I know, it is not possible or practical to have a browser do
the XML-to-PDF process.

Cheers,

Eliot
--