Re: <xsl:include href = "myfile.xsl"/> not working

At 11:33 AM 5/1/2002, you wrote:
>My apologies...
>
>Both the files are in the same directory: /home/manish/site/xsl

   Okay, as long as this is the case, your include path will always be the
same:
<xsl:include href="textfield.xsl" />

>I am using name spaces.

   Based on your file headers, you're not really.  You've only listed xsl
(required) and saxon as your namespaces.  These will not cause any problems
for you I'm sure.  Basically, all of the templates that you're writing are
in the default namespace, which reduces the complexity (but sometimes the
utility) of the XSL.

>  Before including the xsl file, I'm doing a
>for-each at: WizardBluePrint/Property/Category/Group.In the included XSL
>file I'm not doing any matches.

   If you're not doing any matches, then why are you surprised that nothing
from the included file is appearing?  There must be something (either a
matched or named template) in the included file...

>The xsl:include is:   <xsl include href="textfield.xsl"/>

   If this is exactly what your source reads, then there's your typo.  You
are missing a colon (":") between "xsl" and "include" keywords.  It should
read:
<xsl:include href="textfield.xsl"/>

>The XML is quite large. I'll include it if needed.
><Greg, I think you may have this already?>

   No, no, no.  Just a simple snippet when relevant is required.  Something
like:
<WizardBluePrint ...>
   <Property ...>
     <Category ...>
       <Group ... />
       <Group ... >...</Group>
     </Category>
   </Property>
</WizardBluePrint>

or the entire opening tag of a single element when you're having trouble
performing a match.  The above hierarchy (IIRC) denotes your entire XML
structure.  You have muliple Property elements, each containing 1 and only
1 Category element, each containing unlimited Group elements.  The Group
elements may or may not be empty.

Greg Faron
Integre Technical Publishing Co.