RE: using mode-values within a template

Try preprocessing the stylesheet with a transformation that does

<xsl:template match="xsl:template[@mode]">
<xsl:copy-of select="xsl:param"/>
<xsl:element name="xsl:variable">
   <xsl:attribute name="name">mode</xsl:attribute>
   <xsl:text><xsl:value-of select="@mode"/></xsl:text>
</xsl:element
</xsl:template>

This will create a variable called $mode in every template that has a
non-default mode.

(But why are you trying to do this? There must be a better way to solve your
problem)

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com