Re: handling media, xsl:variable problem

Hi Nathan,

> I am trying to setup a template to handle MEDIA elements, which can
> be images, video or audio. I am trying to use a variable to store
> the actual img or embed tag to use later on in placement of the
> media file, but for some reason, the variable is coming out empty.
> If I add some basic text in the variable, it is captured and output
> as expected. So, it is just the img or embed tags that are being
> ignored/omitted for some reason...

The $media1 variable holds a result tree fragment containing an img or
embed empty element. When you get the *value of* a result tree
fragment, it's just like getting the value of the root node of the
source document -- you get all of the text in the result tree
fragment, but none of the elements.

If you want to copy the element in the result tree fragment as well,
then you have to *copy* it, with xsl:copy-of, instead. So try:

  <xsl:copy-of select="$media1" />

rather than:

  <xsl:value-of select="$media1" />

Cheers,