RE: container list display problem

> Michael,
> I am sure I'm doing this wrong as I am a newbie at coding
> XSL. I am trying to find if the parent of the container ¯ the
> parent of the <did> that houses the <container> tag ¯ also
> has the same container number. So if the subseries ends and
> another series starts, but they are both microfilmed on the
> same reel, then the reel number is not repeated.
> How do I test that in XSL? I tried your suggestion, but
> unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem.
> Thanks very much for responding so quickly. I am really
> amazed at the generosity of people on this list to help even
> newbies like me.

I'm afraid my generosity has its limits. If I can spot the answer in 20
seconds, I give it, otherwise I move on to the next message. In your case it
looked like an interesting problem but one which would take 20 minutes to
understand, so I just pointed out one obvious mistake in your code and then
moved on. I guess that's how consultants - and patients - in our so-called
(UK) National Health Service feel. Sorry if it didn't help you.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com
work: Michael.Kay@softwareag.com