Re: Finding the lowest 'price' element

> Now, I need to find the lowest 'price' element using XSLT?
>
> One solution which i think is:
>
>     1. first sort the above xml document using <xsl:sort>
>
>     2. Now we get a new tree with all the price elements in
> ascending order.
>
>     3. Now we will find the first 'price' element which is the
> lowest using the "position()" function.
>
>    Here the result tree is again fed with a new stylesheet(to find
> the first position), to the xslt processor.
>
> Is there any better solution than this?

Here's the solution using FXSL:

<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"

   <xsl:import href="maximum.xsl"/>

   <xsl:output method="text"/>

    <xsl:template match="/">
      <xsl:call-template name="maximum">
        <xsl:with-param name="pList" select="/books/book/price"/>
      </xsl:call-template>
    </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

When this transformation is applied on the following source xml:

<books>
  <book>
    <price>20</price>
  </book>