From: Joerg Heinicke [mailto:joerg.heinicke@gmx.de]
Sent: zaterdag 4 mei 2002 20:35
To: xsl-list@lists.mulberrytech.com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Sorting XML with XSL, output as XML

Hello Ernst,

again a identity transformation will help:

<xsl:template match="*|text()|@*">
   <xsl:copy>
     <xsl:apply-templates select="*|text()|@*"/>
   </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

Then you need to add a special template for the book elements.

<xsl:template match="book">
   <xsl:copy>
     <xsl:apply-templates select="@*"/>
     <xsl:apply-templates select="chapter">
       <xsl:sort select="*[name()=$sortfield]" order="{$sortorder}" />
     </xsl:apply-templates>
   </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

Regards,