RE: container list display problem

Loren,

You could also try a more general approach, using the preceding:: axis --

<xsl:variable name="reelnumber">
   <xsl:value-of select="container[@type='reel']"/>
</xsl:variable>
<xsl:variable name="prevreelnumber">
   <xsl:value-of select="preceding::container[@type='reel'][1]"/>
</xsl:variable>
<xsl:choose>
   <xsl:when test="$reelnumber = $prevreelnumber">

Ordinarily, you may want to avoid the preceding axis on the grounds that
it's expensive (it traverses the document back to the beginning); but it's
designed for exactly the kind of application you have. Since you're going
back just to the immediately preceding container[@type='reel'] (as
indicated by the [1] predicate, which means the first in reverse document
order, preceding being a "reverse" axis), however, a smart processor can
optimize the node selection so the traversal isn't so bad.

I think I suggested preceding:: earlier; I don't know why I didn't think of
it last night.

Cheers,
Wendell