RE: construct query string

I think you may need to simply redefine how you think
about this to get the result you want. Instead of
'create variable, loop through and add on', think of
'declare variable and inside loop through'.

So, something like:

<xsl:variable name="myparam">
<xsl:text>?</xsl:text>
<xsl:for-each select="//param">
&amp;<xsl:value-of select="name()"/>=<xsl:value-of select="."/>
</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:variable>

This isn't exactly right (it doesn't account for no & for the first
param)...but it is the general idea. When you create the variable,
you do the loop *inside* rather than after.

Sara