Stylesheet accessing dynamically generated XML documents?

Hi Folks,

As we know the document() function may be used to access additional XML
documents.

On the internet there are documents that are static and we may access them
by giving the URL plus filename, e.g.,

http://www.xfront.com/foo.xml

The XSLT document() function can easily access such documents:

document('http://www.xfront.com/foo.xml')

Oftentimes on the internet documents are dynamically generate (by a GCG
script, a Java servlet, etc).  For example, this invocation may result in
serving up an XML document:

http://www.xfront.com/servlet/getXML

I have two questions:

1. Can I pass to the document() function a URL of a web site that
dynamically generates XML, e.g.,

    document('http://www.xfront.com/servlet/getXML')

2. Extending upon 1, can I additionally pass arguments to the Web site,
e.g.,

     document('http://www.xfront.com/servlet/getXML?arg1=a&arg2=b')

This would be most cool if this could be done, and would be in line with
the stuff that Paul Prescod is talking about in the REST discussions.
/Roger