Re: passing intermediate result while recursively building nodeset

On Thu, 9 May 2002 23:02:55
 Jeni Tennison wrote:
>Could you describe some of the things that the you have to do with the
>1 thru i-1 "x" elements so that I can give you more helpful advice?

Basically, I just need to be able to examine any of the previously created "x" elements.  This may look a bit wacky, but here's a more realistic example of what:

  <token>Hey!</token>

might turn into (note: I used "x" as the tag name to maintain consistency with my previous post):

  <x start="PT0S" duration="PT3.5S">
    <STRING>Hey!</STRING>
    <POSITION>
      <POINT x="50" y="20" />
      <EFFECTS>
        <VIBRATE>
          <PARAMETER name="amplitude" value="10" />
          <PARAMETER name="b" value="0.25" />
          <INTERVAL i="0" j="300" />
          <AXIS value="y" />
        </VIBRATE>
      </EFFECTS>
    </POSITION>
  </x>

Some of the values for this may be determined randomly -- for example, POINT's attribute's "x" and "y" -- and when creating a subsequent "x" element I may need to take a look at those values or I may need to look at the children of "EFFECTS" (or at both of them in combination) ... it's all very dynamic.  I'm really not too concerned about the expressions that I'll need to access the particular child elements and/or attributes (I can probably figure that out when the time comes).  I'm more concerned with just being able to access any of the previously created "x" elements.  Did this help at all?  Or did just confuse things further?

Thanks,

Paul